Sunday, October 4, 2015

Competitive Gaming

So... Today, after I woke up, I took a look on Twitter like always, and saw someone who said (something like) "Why do my teammates on Splatoon always suck", which brings me to today's rant: Cometitive Gaming, especially PvP-based. I haven't played a lot of them, but you don't get around seeing other people playing them. For a while, I was a bit into Heroes of the Storm, and before that, I did a tiny bit of League, and to be honest, I was lucky for the most part. But communities based around PvP-competitive games, especially League, are toxic. Toxic as fuck. Just making one tiny mistake, actually, just making one thing someone doesn't approve of, doesn't matter if right or wrong, will in many cases end with major insults.

Just like in war, person vs. person is apparently a very emotional thing for many human beings, everyone has to proove he or she is the best at something, or at least better than someone else, which is reasonable, but... this brings out the worst in people, a bad side to a potentially good person suddenly being aggressive towards other people because of a game. That is not how it should work, not at all.

Your fellow players are also just human, and humen just make mistakes, there is absolutely no reason to insult them just because they don't behave the way you want them to. Because some of those people actually care, actually take those insults seriously (although yeah, maybe they shouldn't, but that is not the point). Winning a competitve game isn't everything, and in the end, it is just a game. Give constructive feedback, tell me what they're, according to your sight, doing wrong in a friendly way, and everyone will be happy. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment